Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Injured Training Regimen

Here's a look at my super monotonous training regimen while my old lady knee heals. Rehab work every day. And all of my weighted stuff is 6 sets of 10 reps, normally on a superset, so I combine every two exercises and flip flop between them until I hit my 6 sets.

Monday:

  • chest press
  • 1-arm rows
  • incline chest press
  • incline DB row
  • push-ups
  • pull-ups
Then rest bout 10 mins and throw 20 or so snatches on the 10kg bell.

Tuesday:
  • DB curls
  • skull crushers
  • BB curls
  • straight leg dead lifts (I don't have to bend my knees, just soften them)
Wednesday:
  • shoulder press
  • rear delt flyes
  • front raises
  • side raises
  • some sort of ab work
  • some sort of ab work
I try to get in small timed sets of KB snatches on the 10kg and the 12kg on Wednesday's too.

Thursday:
  • chest press
  • bent double DB row
  • push-ups
  • reverse rows
Friday:
  • DB hammer curl
  • tricep extension
  • BB curl
  • skull crushers
  • box dips
  • chin-ups
I also finish with a longer set of snatches on the 10kg and concentrate on my fixation to burn out my triceps - they are on fire by the end!!!

Saturday:
  • shoulder press
  • plate raises
  • side raises
  • plate circles
  • abs
  • abs
Saturday is when I do sprint sets of snatches, 1:00 each hand, then 1:00 rest, 5-10 sets and push 20 reps a minute.

So, there it is. I've been on this for the past 3 weeks or so. And will be for the foreseeable future. It's all pretty basic, repetitive and a little boring, but it's what I can do at the moment. Good news is at PT yesterday, I can now hold "mini" squats to help get back my squat range of motion. I can hit the tire with the hammer, so I can that to snatches for my bit of cardio. I can also kinda sorta do KB jerks, they're hideous and slow, but I'm working to the best of my ability at the moment. It's all progress, and I'll take it, but it's so slow and patience isn't my strong suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment