Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Finally!

I've been having a craptastic last 2 weeks with kettlebell training. Something has gone wrong in almost every set. My forearms or grip wore out, I rested too long and didn't get close to the reps I set as a goal, my traps or shoulders hurt, just something was always sore or not right. And then FINALLY yesterday happened. I was still ever so slightly sore from last week, but not overly so. But, I warmed up exactly how I wanted and felt decent. Not great, not good, not bad, but decent. "Decent" days are the days I perform best. Too much rest - I burn out too quick, not enough rest - I just suck. So, I finally hit my mark on my 10:00 set on the 16kg. 80 reps! That's AKA Rank 1 if I don't cut any weight, if I do cut a few pounds, that's 4 reps over Rank 1. So very happy! Now, just to figure out my breathing on my right arm so I'm not sprinting 12 reps the last minute. After my set, and laying on the floor for a minute or 5, I even got in some heavy jerks on the 20kg. The 24, however, was not happening yesterday.

And then, more spectacularness! I had my 5x5 push-ups/pull-ups, and I was able to get all 5 pull-ups in a row, no bands needed! Each round!

AND THEN, I went down to Thai class and could kick a little bit harder on my left leg, though it's still pretty weak, it's at least something! And killed everything else! Hands were heavy and right kick felt great.

My knee is a little stiff this morning, but not painful. It mostly feels tired now, like just that leg ran a marathon.

Anyway, I'm glad I got over the last plateau and have been making awesome progress the last few weeks. I've gotten a ton of range of motion back and have been steadily adding in crazier and harder PT work - like single leg squats off of a box and single leg split squat jumps.

Let's hope this week keeps on rockin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment