Thursday, December 5, 2013

The world is smaller than my dreams...

Monday and Tuesday of this week sucked. I mentally couldn't get into my kettlebell work, and it suffered big time. I was supposed to do my 10 minute set on the 16 Monday, and my traps were fried, so I did some volume work, but just couldn't focus. I'm pretty sure I also didn't warm up enough, so that affected things as well. Tuesday I tried to do my heavy sets with the 20, and again couldn't get into it mentally, and kept dropping the bell in my sets. I barely got two 1 minute sets in before stopping. Worst thing is, I did a fantastic body weight workout Tuesday before kickboxing, and was feeling amazing, and then crapped out on the kettlebell work. Not happy.

That was amazing contrast compared to last week, when I was hitting 9-10 reps a minute on my sprint sets. I hit 42 reps in 5 minutes on one hand in another session. I felt amazing last week, and killed all my workouts. So maybe the start of this week was just recovery from last week?

Yesterday I took it easy. My traps, lats and rotator cuffs were pretty shot, and my knee wasn't feeling spectacular either. I ended up doing a 5 rounder of 5 pike push-ups and some side-to-side presses and a little ab work.

I also got more needling done. It's gotten progressively "better", or easier to handle. I also had most pain-free week since my knee injury - it didn't start bothering me until Tuesday! Yay! I hit a plateau 2 weeks ago, and have been on a roll the last 2 weeks. I had assisted box steps on a 12" box last week, and progressed to a higher box and no assistance by the beginning of this week. Which is exciting to me. This week I get to start on teeny tiny box jumps on the 12" box, with controlled "falling" off of the box, and single leg squats off of the box too (not to be confused with pistols).

All in all, I'm feeling much better today. Ready to get back to the kettlebell, and check back in mentally.


No comments:

Post a Comment