Friday, August 28, 2015

Searching my way to perplexion

The shittiest thing of all when it comes to my shoulder is that I now have to have yearly check ups with my orthopedist to go over my shoulder health. Which is always a fun time. The last time I went in, he brought in two other doctors to listen to his spiel of telling me what I can and cannot do, and that while I am his "most ambitious" patient, I am also the most stubborn and willing to tear my freshly fixed shoulder back apart. Nothing like being a 30-year old woman getting chastised like a little kid. With an audience.

It also means that having been prescribed Celebrex for my arthritis, I also HAVE to go in for a yearly physical complete with bloodwork to make sure it's not killing me. Well, not really, it's to make sure the long term use of an anti-inflammatory isn't negatively affecting my kidney function. This is always a crappy time for me, because I have pretty bad white coat syndrome and I HATE medical needles. So while I know with the orthopedist I'm just going to get yelled at, my BP is normal. At the regular doctor knowing I have to get blood drawn, it skyrockets. But I do check my BP at home, and I'm normal.

I'm pleased to report that my bloodwork results designate me as normal. My old lady pills haven't done anything other than keep me from feeling like an old lady! I take a multi-vitamin, Celebrex and glucosmine chondroitin, and they do all help, but I also try not to take the old lady ones every day. I usually don't take anything Saturday or Sunday so I don't get too used to them. So the big deadlift sessions I do on Saturdays are done straight up on my old lady shoulder. Do I notice a difference? Yes, a little, but more so when it comes to post-workout. I feel less sore in my joints, my muscles still get sore.

Anyway, as you can see below, I am perfectly "normal"!




No comments:

Post a Comment