Thursday, November 7, 2013

Training from last week through today

Doug has started new programming for me, so it's been a strange transition and has had some tweaking going on based on schedule, etc.

Monday & Thursday are chest and back days,
Tuesday & Friday are arms and legs.
Wednesday & Saturday are shoulders and abs.
PT/Rehab work daily.

And somewhere in the middle of it all, still have to get in my kettlebell work, since we are officially going to San Francisco in February!!! Time to get my rank 1 on the 16kg so I can start to work towards the 24kg in November!

I'm now on an A week and B week schedule. Some days are the same each week based on my schedule and my knee's limitations.

So far this week:
  • Monday: 10x6 - DB press/DB 1-arm rows, push-ups/pull-ups (I STILL hurt from this, STILL), and 1:00 each arm long cycle sprint sets (x5) on the 16kg
  • Tuesday: 10x6 - RDL's/skull crushers
  • Wednesday: 2:00 each hand 16KG LC set, 2:00 each hand 14KG Jerks, 10x6 shoulder press/plate raises, then PT in the evening
  • Today: 10x6 incline press/BB rows
On the PT, I have much better range of motion of this week. I get to work on properly loading my left knee/glute this week. My needling session last night was AWFUL. I still have sore spots today, but am so close to having the exact same range of motion as my right side!!! YAY! I am happy with the progress I'm making, but still frustrated it's going to be a long process. 8-10 more weeks until I'm close to 100%. That's a hard pill to swallow. But, with how much I do, need to make sure everything is properly prepared to use again. It's absolutely killing me that I can't kick anything. Or squat. Or lunge. Or jump...the list goes on. Just have to remind myself to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment